Tuesday, June 15, 2010

my renovated bathroom... finally!

Well, as promised, although a little late, I have completed my bathroom so here it is! I am thrilled with it. I love the feel of this space as it reminds me of an old bathroom... except all brand new and super practical. My favourite feature is the brick wall - I love the way it turned out! And the cabinet with the walnut doors came out exactly as I hoped... no, better! The bottom door opens forward so the clothes slide down into the basement laundry room - perfect! And the upper door has a full length mirror attached to the inside - sweet!

Check out the border detail on the tiling. I was happy the way that turned out after the original border tile was back-ordered. I decided to cut the edging tile in half and line it up with the rope detail to make for my own unique border tile. And I love it! Maybe even more than the original border tile - things are sometimes meant to be.

The wall sconces are vintage - the ones found at The Door Store. Love them!

The mirror over the sink opens to reveal a large medicine cabinet that actually does hold my medicines. Way better than keeping them in the kitchen.

And you can barely make out the knobs on the cabinet - those are the ones that took me forever to choose. Still like them... but I have to admit I don't love them anymore. But if that is the only detail I don't love, I can live with that. And of course can easily change it too one day.

Thanks for your patience on seeing the finished product. I hope you learned something from my experience and maybe got some ideas for your own bathroom should you decide it is time to do a renovation. It's not an easy undertaking, but as I am sure you have always heard, so worth it in the end!!

Happy! :D

1 comment: