Friday, April 2, 2010

painted furniture

Can you picture this vintage piece of furniture before it had been painted? I kind of see a shiny mahogany veneer in my mind - something that was probably all dinged and scratched. It was also meant to look very sophisticated in its day but for today's decor, way past its prime. With this new coat of fantastic turquoise paint, it is now a funky piece that could fit in any decor style - traditional, country or even modern.

If you have a piece of furniture that is practical but don't know what to do with it because it has seen better days, pick a great colour and paint it! Here are some of my favourite colours for painted furniture:

All Benjamin Moore Colours:
Edgecomb Gray - HC-173
Cloud White - OC-130
Niveous - OC-36
Van Deusen Blue - HC-156
Bonaparte - CC-64
Split Pea - 2146-30

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Van Deusen Blue colour.
    Susan, you've inspired me to repaint my credenza instead of tossing it to the curb, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - that's what it's all about! Send photos when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete